High-quality sound, in one room or two
The SR6015 has outputs for 11 speakers, and can power up to nine at the same time.
Use all nine channels in a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system. Or, go with a more conventional surround sound setup, and repurpose the extra channels for sound in another room.
The SR6015’s high-powered amplifier can drive stand-mount, floor-standing, or custom-integrated speakers with authority. It’s rated at a beefy 110 watts per channel (with two channels driven).
Advanced video processing gets the most out of your sources
Marantz made sure the SR6015 is compatible with the latest video technology. One of its seven HDMI inputs supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video content (think Sony’s PlayStation® 5, or the Xbox Series X).
Music in one room or many
This receiver also lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to hook up your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all kinds of different content through the SR6015. Listen to internet radio stations, or to popular subscription services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL.
You can also integrate the SR6015 into a wireless multi-room audio system with compatible speakers or streaming components.
Advanced room calibration with Audyssey
The SR6015 includes Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 — one of the industry’s best room-correction platforms. Audyssey measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
To fully dial-in your system, I recommend you spring for the optional Audyssey MultEQ Editor app (around $20). It lets you direct the speaker calibration process from your phone or tablet, instead of with the handheld remote control.
The app also unlocks additional Audyssey features that I have found well worth the money, like EQ curve adjustment, Midrange Compensation control, and the ability to save multiple calibration profiles.
Power and processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz’s Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or “height” speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)