High-quality sound, in one room or three
The SR8015 has outputs for 13 speakers, and can power up to 11 at the same time.
Use all 11 channels in a 7.2.4 or 9.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system. Or, go with a more conventional surround sound setup, and repurpose the extra channels for sound in up to two additional zones.
With 140 watts of power per channel, the SR8015 can drive stand-mount, floor-standing, or custom-integrated speakers with authority.
Fresh features for 2020
Last year’s lineup of Marantz home theater receivers was quite popular with our customers. 2020 brings even more features to the table, including 8K video upscaling, Bluetooth transmission to headphones, and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), which lets you pass full-resolution surround sound signals from your TV to your receiver.
Enjoy music from a variety of sources
The SR8015 isn’t just a stellar choice for watching movies — it’s exceptional with music, too.
Stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input for your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
Expand your system with HEOS Built-in
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all kinds of different content through the SR8015. Listen to internet radio stations, or to popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL.
You can also integrate the SR8015 into a wireless multi-room audio system with compatible speakers or streaming components. Check out my hands-on review of a few HEOS-enabled speakers to learn more about how this platform works.
Advanced room calibration
The SR8015 includes Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 — one of the industry’s best room-correction platforms.
Audyssey measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space. The resulting sound is clear, smooth, and ultra-detailed, with tight bass and impactful dynamics.
Power and processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz’s Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or “height” speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
There are no reviews yet.