Premium sound and minimalist appeal
Polk’s Reserve R200 bookshelf speakers build on the company’s long-standing legacy of clever engineering and solid build quality. The 6-1/2″ molded Turbine Cone™ driver delivers accurate, natural-sounding midrange. It’s the same driver the company uses in their high-end Legend Series. The patented X-Port helps these speakers deliver deep bass with no distortion. And the 1″ ring radiator tweeter features an integrated waveguide for a broad “sweet spot” with no unwanted high-frequency resonance.
You can use this pair of R200s with confidence as part of an audiophile-grade stereo system, or as the front or rear channels of a Reserve Series surround sound system.
Give them plenty of power
Many more affordable Polk Audio speakers are known for their high efficiency (they don’t need much power to produce great sound). That’s not really the case for the R200s. Because of their high-end design and construction, they need more power to sound their best.
Get the most out of your speakers
We often refer to this class of speakers as “bookshelf speakers,” but I recommend using a pair of high-quality speaker stands with the R200s. They help improve the sound by giving your speakers a stable, vibration-free platform. Speaker stands also give you more placement flexibility, since you won’t be limited to a space on your shelf or table.
- 1″ ring radiator Pinnacle tweeter with an integrated waveguide for a broad “sweet spot”
- 6-1/2″ Turbine Cone™ midrange/bass driver
- frequency response: 51-38,000 Hz
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 70 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with rear-firing X-Port
- reduces low-frequency distortion and increases bass output
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grilles